Solved

O365 mailbox backup failed with error "Throttling from Office 365. Failed to process mailbox due to [Not allowed to access Non IPM folder.]"

• 4 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi All,

My O365 suddenly having issue to backup mailbox with errors “Throttling from Office 365. Failed to process mailbox due to [Not allowed to access Non IPM folder.]”.

Anyone having the same issue?

regards,

Fauzi

icon

Best answer by jgenteman 5 April 2024, 18:53

View original

9 replies

Badge +3

Same issue here. Maybe something changed on the MS side?

Badge

Same Error (11.28.83).... Workaround @ Veeam is to edit a config“ <Proxy SkipTeamsMessagesDataFolders="True" /> “ but i dont know, where this Setting can changed in Commvault.

Badge

Same Error (11.28.83).... Workaround @ Veeam is to edit a config“ <Proxy SkipTeamsMessagesDataFolders="True" /> “ but i dont know, where this Setting can changed in Commvault.

Update to 11.28.111 and create a service account for exchange online via Commvault (Express) resolved the Problem.

Badge

Update to 11.28.111 and create a service account for exchange online via Commvault (Express) resolved the Problem.

Can you elaborate on what this process is?: “create a service account for exchange online via Commvault (Express)”

Badge
  1. Login Commvault Commandcenter (HTML)
  2. Protect → Office 365 → O365 Profil
  3. Tab (Configuration) → Service Accounts
  5. My Service Account was not configured, here was a button next to “Verify connection” to add a Service Account

6. After i have configured a service Account the o365 backup worked again

Badge
  1. Login Commvault Commandcenter (HTML)
  2. Protect → Office 365 → O365 Profil
  3. Tab (Configuration) → Service Accounts
  5. My Service Account was not configured, here was a button next to “Verify connection” to add a Service Account

6. After i have configured a service Account the o365 backup worked again

Thanks, it looks like I have the service accounts and Azure apps all configured and verified. Although I used Commcell Console to set it up originally, so the method is bit different for me. 

CommandCenter: Protect, Exchange, MailboxAgent, Configuration, Exchange connection settings, Service Accounts.

Commcell Console: Client Computers, MailboxAgent, right click Exchange Mailbox, properties, Service Account Settings.

The update to 11.28.111 on the access node seems to be working so far. Not seeing the errors now.

I was on 11.28.109 and had Hotfix 6063 installed. I don’t see that hotfix listed as included in the release notes for 11.28.111, but I verified the file EmailDataExtractor.dll (Same Version) is still there and I am not seeing the errors that the hotfix corrected a few weeks ago after the last Microsoft API change.

Badge +1

Just spoke with CV support on this. Microsoft just changed the way they do things on 4/1. CV issued this KB today and it is working for us. https://kb.commvault.com/article/82840

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Updates do not work for us, we went to 11.34.20 last Thursday (regular maintenance)

Since we see same errors for all our M365 customers. This can be a coincident

For now, I suspect MS.

No one from CV here to confirm?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Danny,

I updated mine to 11.32.49, so far it works.

Not sure why 11.34 not working. Maybe should create ticket to support.

Based on the KB, 11.34 should works for any version hotfix.

regards,

Fauzi