Question

Office365 Index Server DR

• 6 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

can anyone knows if Office365 Index Server DR app from Commvault store supports also Exchange On-prem Index server configuration ?

Can We use this workflow / app to protect our On-Prem Exchange Index server creating DR Index Server and switching to it in case of failure ?

Regards

Alex

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @A.L 

One of the requirement for all operations in this workflow is listed as below, so it does not look like this would work with On-Prem Exchange.

• Applies to O365 apps such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, or OneDrive for Business

If you need to recover the Index Server after a DR Failover you can follow this documentation.

Back Up and Restore the Exchange Mailbox Agent Index Server - https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/29035_back_up_and_restore_exchange_mailbox_agent_index_server.html

Thank you,
Collin

Badge +1

Hi Collin,

sorry for the delay but  I was unavailable.

I was asking because I have tested it and from what I see it is working. After switching Exchange On-prem app to DR Index server to which workflow/Office365 Index Server DR app is pointing to I’m able to browse and restore backed up data again.

Thank You for that link I have already visited it few times in the past.

Regards,

Alex