Question

Permissions for vSphere Custom User Accounts - updated

• 21 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

can any one help me with required permssion for vsphere user for backup and restore operation 

the one in the link is  old i guess , most of the permission i cannot see in the vsphere side , using vsphere 7

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/permissions_for_vsphere_custom_user_accounts.html

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The first part of the Permissions column is the needed permission in VMware, followed by the reasoning behind needing it. 

Advanced settings

Connection

Network configuration

Storage partition configuration

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Aplynx  i know that, what i meant is i am not able find the exact permission in vmware, i can find some, but some are missing . It could be renamed or added to other roles in vmware side

i am asking if we have the latest permissions 

Badge +5

@Ajal   Could you provide a specific permission example you are not seeing available in vCenter? 

I compared my home lab vCenter 7Virtual machine - Change Configuration Permissions versus what the Documentation has listed for privileges.  My vCenter has all of the listed privilege's available to be assigned to the Role.  I am logged in as Administrator@vpshere.local

Badge +5

@Ajal   I looked some more,  I also found some privilege's that are not listed.  We have to keep in mind that the documentation is not going to list what we do not need….  I would move forward with these permissions\privileges listed in the doc. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

Am not able find some permission listed in the document in vsphere side i will list you which one