Question

Reducing memory footprint

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello community,

I hope somebody can help me working around a problem we will have for some time.

We have an Azure based Media Agent which is very short on memory. It will take some weeks before we can expand it but, in the meanwhile, Commvault processes restart and the DDBBackup often fails.

Is  there any way to reduce the memory used by CV processes, even slowing down a little bit the backups? I mean something like reducing the readers or similar.

Thanks a lot

Gaetano

2 replies

Badge +15

Hi Gaetano,

Aside from the fact that I would make sure that the sizing for the media agent is correct here you could also see if your backups are running around the same time and stagger them. Giving your media agent some room to complete backups before executing new ones.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Gaetano,

Aside from the fact that I would make sure that the sizing for the media agent is correct here you could also see if your backups are running around the same time and stagger them. Giving your media agent some room to complete backups before executing new ones.

Hi @dude ,

unfortunately this MA is currently poorly sized because the amount of data to be backed up changed in the past months. Moreover this machine works only on a secondary copy of the primary which is made elsewhere.

Currently one task a day is scheduled to perform this secondary copy.

Best regards