Skip to main content

Good Morning All,

i have an question regarding the download aof dr backups from the cloud.commvault.com portal in case of DR. We are using the feature Uploading DR Backups to Metallic Cloud. So in the case when all services are offline included the exchange or mailing function wich option we have to get the dr backup from commvault ? 

As per documentation Requesting Download Access for DR Backup SET Folders of a CommCell Environment (commvault.com) after the login and the download request an mail will send. But in case that the mailing is not working what can we do ? 

Is it possible to create an user account in the cloud.commvault.com with an external mail adress so that we have access to the dr backups incase that mailing on prod site is not working ? 

If yes it is also possible to do this for casp customers ? 

@SSchmidt 

Only a notification email will be sent to you not the approval email. The approval email will be send to Commvault Cloud team.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/131055_requesting_download_access_for_dr_backup_set_folders_of_commcell_environment.html

An email notification about the request to download files in the SET folders of the CommCell environment is sent to you and the Commvault Cloud team for approval. The Commvault Cloud team then approves or denies the request.

Once the request is approved then you will be able to download the DR backup. The email function is not required.

@Navneet Singh 

thanks for your feedback but how can i get the info that the downlaod was approved from cloud team after i requested the donwload in case of dr ? 

@all

• Is it possible to register an account with an non company mail adress ? 
  • as an casp partner is it possible to request access to the dr files for our customers ?