Question

Restore job history report - no support for Linux, Solaris, Databases ???

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Currently this is the only 2 options available for Agent types in our Restore job history.

Seems there’s no option to select other agents unless you use the Java GUI built in reports.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @RobertF,

The ‘Restore Job History’ report is a Metrics-based report which returns data based on what is collected from your daily Private Metrics Server uploads.  However, there is another Command Center / WebConsole based report that queries the Live Commserve database directly called the ‘Restore Job Summary’ report.  This report doesn’t require the Java GUI to access. 

This Restore Job Summary report should report against these other agents and give you what you’re looking for successfully.  That being said, I am still concerned that there may be an issue where these Daily Private Metrics Data Collections are potentially omitting other restore types, thus limiting the scope of what can be selected in the Restore Job History report.

May I ask that a Support Incident be created so we can analyze this further?  We would need to have an upload containing both your CommServ database as well as your CVCloud database from your Metrics server so that we can compare these reports and identify what restore history is missing from the Metrics uploads and why.

Thank you,

-Brian Bruno

Badge +1

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Apologies, forgot to mention the restore job summary report in my post at the top. - that one did report on the different linux, solaris but only has the option to select “File System” and not break it down into different OS types like like the java GUI report options. 

The output of the history report does look a bit better (especially for sign off / UAT) so prefer that one in this case. 

I checked private Metrics server and pushed another upload. Updated job history report is now including linux, solaris file systems however the agent option is still only listing Virtual server and Windows file systems as the only two available… will monitor but looks like this may be a cosmetic thing here.