Question

Restore Oracle error ORA-@27191 : sbtinfo2 returned error

• 4 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I have try to restore Oracle database while restoring I found the error. The detail error is below. Has anyone ever encountered an incident like this?

Database : 10g Release 2

Error code : ORA-27191

Description : sbtinfo2 returned error

Cause : sbtinfo2 returned an error. This happens while retrieving backup file information from the media manager’s catalog.

Action: This error is returned from the media management software which is linked with Oracle. There should be additional messages which explain the cause of the error. This error usually requires contacting the media management vendor.

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Nitinan 

This error seems that Oracle is reporting that Commvault had an issue restoring the data. If you: Right Click the Job > View Logs for the Job, does CVD.log on the Media Agent show and errors reading the data from storage? If not, are there any errors you can see in the logs? You can also copy\paste the contents of the Log File into GxTail so it is easier to sort through.

Thank you,
Collin

Badge +2

Hi @Collin Harper 

The log file detail. The message is loop. 

[---- IMMEDIATE RESTORE REQUEST ----] Task id [] Clnt[] AppType[Oracle Database][22]
Phase [2-Ctrl Restore] (0,0) started on [] in [0] second(s) - ClOraAgent RESTORE 156239 156239 -p 1 -jt 1562
Reg [Control] received. Client [] plattype = 4. Token []

Set pending cause [RMAN Script execution failed for instance [] with error [ORA-27191: sbtinfo2 returned error]
Phase [Failed] message received from [] Module [ClOraAgent] Token [] restartPhase [0]
JMArMgr::releaseAllJobStreams() Calling CvResourceManager::releaseJobStreams(jobType=2,appType=22,logicalRelease=true)
Phase [2-Ctrl Restore] for Restore Job Failed. Restore will continue with phase [Ctrl Restore].

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Nitinan 

CVD.log on the Media Agent would tell if there was any issue reading the data. If not then it may be best to get a case opened with our Unix Team to investigate the RMAN issue.

Thank you,

Collin

Badge +2

Hi @Collin Harper 

I have done for this issue. I change permission of commvault to 777 and GID from system to dba on client. 

Thank you for help me analyze this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

sbtinfo2 error refers to the metadata not present in the CSDB. Either the object retention is expired from CV and might be removed but the Oracle controlfile/recovery catalog database might still hold the info. You can check on rman crosscheck and take appropriate action on the obsoleted objects.