Question

RHEL Decoupled install via Network Gateway.

• 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Trying to do a decoupled installation of the agent on a RHEL server. Can complete the decoupled installation on the client without issue however when going to add the client in Commserve and using the option “Fetch the configuration information from the client that is already installed in decoupled mode” there is no option to tell it to use the Network Gateway that all remote agents connect through. How can this be achieved? 

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Can you pre-create the Client without fetching the configuration, apply the Network Route configuration to the Client, then re-run the process with the “fetch the configuration” option selected?

Badge +6

Do you not only see the “fetch the client configuration” option when performing an “add new client” ? I have created a client and put it in the right group to receive the route configuration and tried to do a “software install” to hopefully register the client but no go. This is partially because I don’t have the Linux binaries in the software cache but do in  the package deployed to the client. 

Badge +6

Further to this in the Network Gateway server (Windows) I can see the RHEL server connected to the Network Gateway in Netstat and see the tunnel initialize and reset in the gateway in the CVFWD.log but logs are full of @@GATEWAY@@ in those entries? 

Badge +6

Information in above comment is relevant to not doing a decoupled installation but attempting to do a client installation via the network gateway.