Skip to main content

Hi, looking for someone to confirm what I’m seeing on a RHEL CS with regards to the Java-based Scheduler as seen from the Console. While Limitations of Linux CommServe Server (commvault.com) doesn’t speak about this, to me it looks like the calendar is foobar. There’s no way to see what’s scheduled (details) for any day and all schedules are basically absent, yet, plans run, etc. So can someone check whether this is deprecated or if it needs some special attention to get functional again? I’ve made great strides moving things to plans but I still find the old Console tools to be quite beneficial when figuring out when runtimes are roughly. In our case it seems nearly impossible to completely do away with old style schedules, OnDemand backupsets being one such case.

thanks

What version? While it wasn’t a Linux-based CS, I did have a similar issue in 11.32 where the Scheduler was completely empty - from memory, it was related to a specific client’s time zone setting, which was identified via a database query, provided by Support.

I believe I was still able to view schedules by right-clicking on the CommServe, and selecting View > Schedules.

Right clicking the CS and showing schedules does work 😀

So, it doesn’t seem to make sense that the old calendar is essentially “blank” (zero details or calendar view)

I may open a case on it but the TZ probably is in play - UTC. 

thanks for the clue!