Skip to main content

Hello Commvault Community!

One of the environments had a problem with backing up virtual machines in Azure.

Some virtual machines return an error during backup:

"91:413 Encryption status of one or more disks doesn't match the setting in ADE Extension of VM [xyz]. [All] disks are expected to be in encrypted state.
Source: CS, Process: JobManager"

The problem occurred for version 11.28.100
I see that there is a patch for SP30 with a similar description:

Lengthy restores of Azure ADE virtual machines can fail with the error "Failed to setup encryption settings for the VM" - 6577 (11.30.53).

https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/expert/files/service_pack/updates/11_30_83.htm

However, I don't know if this is a fix that applies to backups, because the description refers to recovery operations.

I created this thread to ask whether this may have an impact on the situations on SP28 or whether these are completely independent scenarios and matters that should not be combined.

Could I ask you to verify this in your resources?

Thank you in advance!
Kamil

Hello Kamil,

Due to Microsoft changing the API calls needed, they have advised changes to be made to our software to update the API calls to the newer versions.

A Customer Modification Request has been made for this, as there would be need to be a lot of regression testing done (both backups\restores).  CMR #410504.  If you reach out to your sales team, they can add your site ID to this so you can monitor.

The hotfixes listed address the issue and change the behavior for “Gather the instance data for running VMs and use it to do extra validation of the VM ADE configuration”

These changes are included in FR32 release (always recommend upgrading to an LTS version) (Hotfix 5398)

Thanks,

Shawn Haley

Commvault Support, Tier 2 Client

Hello @shaley 

Many thanks for the extensive answer.

I understand that there is no chance of introducing a fix for SP28, and we aren’t able to find any workaround?

Thanks,
Kamil

Not at this time.  As suggested, add yourself to the CMR as Microsoft changed their API calls.

Hi @shaley 

Sure, I understand. Thanks for your help on this topic!

Kind Regards,
Kamil