Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

Recently I configured the SSO in Commvault, with Windows Active Directory Domain. Users can login in the Commcell perfectly, but when I open the Command Center URL in the CommServe Server, I am unable to login with the SSO, it’s always asking me to put my credentials. This doesn’t happen when I select Command Center option in the Commcell Console.

I don’t know what configuration is missing, or what should I do fix this. Has anyone experienced something like this?

We are using 11.28 (2022E) with MR87.

Thanks.

@antonio 

Hi Antonio Please follow the below steps and let us know if this helps.

1. Stop the tomcat service and restart IIS and start the tomcat service again.
  2. Check with the different browser.
  3.  If you are trying to login rom the client machine then check if the domain is same or different as Commserve. It should be same.
  4. Add the additional setting: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/3678_enabling_multi_web_console_single_sign_on_sso.html
  5. Disable SSO and re-enable the same.

@antonio

Hi Antonio Please follow the below steps and let us know if this helps.

1. Stop the tomcat service and restart IIS and start the tomcat service again.
  2. Check with the different browser.
  3.  If you are trying to login rom the client machine then check if the domain is same or different as Commserve. It should be same.
  4. Add the additional setting: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/3678_enabling_multi_web_console_single_sign_on_sso.html
  5. Disable SSO and re-enable the same.

Hi @Navneet Singh, thank you for your reply.

I followed the steps but it didn't seem to have any effect.

I checked with others browsers, but still having the same behavior.

I’m trying to access using the Commserve Server and in this environment we don't have any WebServer installed apart from CommServe itself.

@antonio 

We need to review the logs. please raise a support case for further investigation.

@antonio

We need to review the logs. please raise a support case for further investigation.

I will open a support case, and I’ll update here, thanks.

@Navneet Singh just for your information due to a problem we were facing, we needed to upgrade the version of our Commcell, we are in 11.32.28 now, the ticket was opened: Incident 231025-671.

Thanks.

@Navneet Singh We were able to solve the SSO issue, we were facing.

After a session with support, we validated that the settings were ok. We added an additional configuration in the Console, but the problem still persisted. Engineer noticed that the problem could be in the browser, and we added a key to the Windows registry file, but we still couldn't solve the problem.

After analyzing the Webconsole logs, we identified that it was related to the FQDN that Tomcat was trying to call. Instead of calling by FQDN, it was calling by shortname. As a permanent solution, I added the server's FQDN to the Windows hosts file, restarted the Tomcat service and it's now ok.

In short, the problem was resolved in Incident ticket 231025-671.

Thanks,

Antonio.