Skip to main content

Hello guys, 

What can we do to ignore this error? Any additional setting that I could add?

The files are usually open and its not an error but it keep showing as failed items in the summary report 

Thanks 

Assuming windows file system, and assuming you have vss enabled, it could be an anti virus scanning. 

is your concern about whether the files get backed up or not or are you only concerned about the appearance of theerror?

Hey Mike, 

Mostly those are open files in a Dell Fluid shared and unfortunately VSS is not available for that kind of device. I was just trying to ignore / suppress those errors but the additional configuration to that also cannot be applied in a dell fluid device, it accept database configuration only.

I guess my options are very limited..

Thanks 

Hey @mmpena - you can customize the completed with error status to ignore these files. Check this out:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/6189_customizing_completed_with_errors_condition_overview.html

they will still be listed on the job as failed files, but it won’t outright cause it to CWE

Thank you @Damian Andre. In the client level that option isn’t available but I’ve created a group and in there I can apply the rules

Thank you @Damian Andre. In the client level that option isn’t available but I’ve created a group and in there I can apply the rules

Got it!

It might be available in control panel for the client level, I don't have a UI in front of me right now to check :)

yes, but none of them works for that DellFluid share...I tried group level and job management...CV keep showing failed folders and items for these errors:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The file cannot be accessed by the system.

The system cannot find the file specified

It seems to be a client limitation and once VSS is also not an option I think I will need to live with that

@mmpena , check into Job Management for these options:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/6190_getting_started_with_customizing_completed_with_errors_condition.html