Skip to main content

i am trying to install commvault agent using push method from commcell console, but job fails with below error. i am using commvault version 11.32.23 with free license

Error Code: [68:574] Description: Required media version [11.32] with transaction Id [5494260] is missing in the Software Cache. CommServe may be installed with a lower version media. Please check the media in Software Cache and try updating the CommServe before updating clients. Source: CommServ1, Process: DistributeSoftware

From commcell command center, when i tried push,  i get below error,

Error code: d68:192]

Description: Software Cache is empty or does not contain the packages required for client's operating system. Use Download/Copy Software to populate the cache.
Source: CommServ1, Process: DistributeSoftware, 

Please help me with a solution

Hello @Noushad 

It seems that the cache details on commserve or remote servers is empty or has lower version present in it. 

1. Place Commvault package of same version that matches Commserve on any location on commserver. 
  2. If you do not have the package, download it from cloud.commvault.com and then place it on the server.
  3. Follow step 4 if you don’t have the same version package already on the server. 
  4. For example If you only want to push install the Windows iDA file system and file system core, after downloading the package, run it as admin and select the option of “Create package to install on different machine”. Post clicking next to few windows, select “Advanced Selection” and manually select File system and File System core from Microsoft Windows component tab of the left and in the end give the destination path for the customized package. 
  5. Once the package is created, you can run a copy software job against that path where package is placed and it will update the cache with the correct version: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/106619_copying_software_package_to_commserve_cache.html
  6. Once the copy software job completes, on commcell, you can navigate to tools > Software cache configuration > Cache details and confirm the version is present in the cache and then run the push installation again.

Best,

Rajiv Singal