Skip to main content

Hi

Is there a report I can run that shows how many Terabytes of space the V1 Indexes use on a MagLib

Behind the question are other questions

• By moving from V1 to V2, what typical Maglib savings could be made
    1. I am aware that V2 ‘bundles’ the V2 Transaction Logs with each Job - so there is still an ‘Index Element being stored on the Maglib with each job

• Also the V2 Index database gets copied to the Maglib and that tales up space

Overall is there a guestimate range of ‘savings’ when moving from V1 to V2 Indexing

(Assume 100% VM’s and no file or DB agents)

Hi @YYZ 

Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunately, we don't have a specific report that can provide you with the information you're looking for. However, based on the Commcells we have observed migrating to V2 indexing, we have noticed an average savings of approximately 20%.

It's important to note that each environment is unique, and the distribution of specific iDA usage may vary. To obtain a more accurate assessment for your environment, I recommend contacting your account manager. They can discuss options for engaging our professional services team to perform a health check, which will provide you with an estimate and assistance for the migration.

Best regards,

Emil

Emils,

Thanks - thats ‘all I need’

I’m not holding you to any figure - as it depends on dozens of factors (eg the # of Fulls, agent type etc)

But useful to know the figure can possibly be 20%

It might be 10%, it might be 5%

Thank you for the response