Skip to main content
Solved

Validating the Log4J patch

• 14 December 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m new to CommVault.  I read and followed the instructions for installing the Log4J vulnerability fix, but I’m not sure if I did it correctly/Successfully.  Does anyone know of a way to verify that the fix is actually installed on one of my client computers?

Hi @sapplega 

1. In the CommCell, right click the Client that you installed the patches on. 
  2. Select Properties.
  3. In the Properties page, Check the “version” Tab.
  4. This should show any updates applied to the client.

Also the UpdateInfo.log log file on the Client (In Commvault Log Files directory) would also show the Patch.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hey @sapplega 

so I copied the Log4J windows updates and Linux updates to the cache.  I see them in there..

SNIP:

When I performed the upgrade software option I noticed on my windows clients I only see 1 of the 2 windows patches?  Im wondering why

Snip

same with my linux clients:

Do I need to perform the upgrade one patch at a time? or are both patches needed?  Im a little confused.   Im not proficient with commvault.

I was expecting to see both “4562” & “4563” for windows clients and both “4561” & “4563” for the linux clients.  Please advise.. Thanks

Thanks

BC

Hi @bc1410 !  Hope all is well!

We cover this in the main thread (link below).  Not all of the updates apply to each agent, so some are Commserve only and some are client only.

As long as you use copy to cache (which it looks like you did) and the report says you are clear, then you’re good.

Thanks Mike as always!!