Solved

What permission has to be granted for a user to be able to suspend, kill, or resume backup/restore jobs? I edited Client Admins and granted the Job Management permission but that didnt work.

• 19 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Trying to grant our database team the ability to suspend, kill, or resume backup/restore jobs as they do a lot of weekend work and are constantly calling me for support. They are currently associated to the client admins role. I edited the role to include Job Management but the suspend, kill, resume are still greyed out for them.

icon

Best answer by Jos Meijer 19 August 2022, 21:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Job Management right should be enough to suspend, resume, and kill selected jobs and groups of jobs for certain entities. Assuming you associated the user or user group combined with the role to a client or client group.

Or are you assigning roles based on company or operator functionality?

How did you associate the user and role exactly?
Did the user log out and log back in again after obtaining the right?
Is the user performing the action via the Java GUI or the Command Center?

Badge +1

Hello Jos, thanks for the response.

You are correct, a user group combined with the role is associated to the client group. 

I inherited this system so still learning and I’m not sure exactly how the user and role were associated.

Yes the user did logoff but I will have them do so again just to verify. 

They are trying to perform the action via the Command Center.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please do check and let us know.

One thing what might do the trick, depending on the version you are running, is to force the page to refresh. There are a examples I encountered where pages didn't show what was expected due to local browser cache.

Badge +1

Thanks Jos, 

The user is out of the office until Monday so i’ll connect with him when he is back in the office to verify things. Appreciate the suggestions.  

Badge

Hi everyone, 

I found this link for the same issue I am dealing with. I have Tenant Admin role with Job management permission. But when i try to delete the job it is saying “OPERATION FAILED: User does not have [Job Management] rights. Any suggestions? This I am trying on Metallic environment. Refreshing the page dint help!