Skip to main content

Why we need schedule 2 DDB backups in a day?

You don’t -need- to run them 2 times per day.  There’s no magic number to suggest.  If your DDB grenades, the frequency of the backups will determine how much effort is going go to be required to restore and recover the DDB.

Thanks,
Scott

You don’t -need- to run them 2 times per day.  There’s no magic number to suggest.  If your DDB grenades, the frequency of the backups will determine how much effort is going go to be required to restore and recover the DDB.

Thanks,
Scott

Correct - and to simply that.

Its going to take longer to reconstruct a DDB whose backup ran 12 hours ago than one that ran 2 hours ago. During reconstruction, all jobs are re-read off disk and the signatures validated and re-inserted into the database to catch it back up to where it was. The less jobs that ran after the backup the quicker the reconstruction will be.

Hello all!

Is there any recommendation on the ddb backup frequency?

I've seen references in the commvault docs of every 8 hours, in my newly installed environment the system created ddb backup schedule is every 24 hours, and now I see this thread where our colleague came up with this 2x a day.

Regards,

Pedro