Architecture : Commvault can protect AWS ressources on multiple VPC in one aws account

• 3 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello

How Commvault can protect AWS ressources on multiple VPC in one aws account.

What is the best architecture practice, meaning do we install one VSA ( access node)  per VPC , one VSA per account is enough to protect all resources stand in this account.

Our requirements is to reduce at the maximum cost , protect all resources in all vpc with acceptable performance.

Thanks for your advise 

Regards.

Karim

2 replies

Badge

The way I have it setup is that we have one account that houses all the CommVault infrastructure. Then each account is setup in CommVault to use the one with CommVault as the Service Account. We currently use Access and Secret keys for each account, but are moving to Role Policy and Assume Roles.

We are currently switching from Snapshot mounting to EBS Direct, and then we don’t need the proxies (I think)!! From the testing I have done it is WAY faster!

Badge +1

Thanks @Jody C ,

We did approximatly the same , one account with Commvault infra ( commcell physique infrastructure : CS, CS-dr, MA, Webservers and MetricServer)  and mutiple account where workload stand and where we need to protect resources ( ec2,rds,fsx,efs etc).

Currently we’ve installed one proxy per account it seems to be enough regarding the volumetrie we need to backup and the perf looks good.

The question was , in case we have multiple vpc in the workload account what is the best archtecture pratice. 

De we need install one proxy per vpc , do we need install guest agent on resources to protect.

Regards