Question

Auto recovery - Replication for File System Agents

• 18 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

i have set up the  Replication for File System Agents,  and its working as expected ,

i have only one backup site and replicating from that backup

i would like to know how can i replicate to previous version incase the latest one got affected , also how can i do the validation while or before replication , i dont see any option for Replication for File System Agents.

i have read we can integrate it with 3rd party solution to check , can we do it for this scenario 

and also do we need license for this and do we have trial 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Ajal 

As far as I’m aware, there is no revert feature for replication. 

Referring to this article: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/configuring_replication_for_file_system_agents.html it looks like by default, we will apply the latest successful backup with the option ‘after backup job completes’ to keep the replication as close to the source as possible. 

However, there are advanced replication options where you can specify periodically (daily, weekly, monthly or yearly). 

There doesn’t appear to be instruction or a method for you to revert should there be an issue on the source. 

Could you check the above article out for me, follow the procedure and see if the options are available to you to configure? I don’t believe a specific license is required.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Chris 

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Chris Hollis thank you , i didnt see those options last time. I will give it a try again.

regarding license can we do it if a user have vm pack licesne of commvaul back and recovery

or do we need DR license

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Ajal 

Looks like the licensing bundles have recently changed: 
https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/files/pdf/commvault-complete-license-guide.pdf

Live Sync / Replication would fall under Autonomous Recovery bundle… this screenshot outlines what Commvault Complete product is replaced by the new bundles… 

Which one do you have?

Regards,

Chris