Skip to main content

AWS Cross account backup configuration.

senario: having 3 AWS accounts to backup resources from Account A to a media agent in Account B that has backup bucket in account C ( account B & C are fine that I do backup account B resources as MA /AN/Proxy is here) , Account B IAM user is allowed to access resporces from Account A while configuring the commvault client for Account A backup can list the ressources from account B only though the account B user allowed to access account A , any Idea is that still viable option and supported ? 

Thanks

SK

Hello @Srikanth K 

I feel this is more of a question for AWS than Commvault if it is supported or not. Its more of a question if those 3 AWS accounts will be able to communicate and authenticate.

We may need to shuffle things around to make sure CV is aware of the configuration but i would start with AWS to confirm that the environment configuration is the correct and best way to achieve what you are trying to achieve. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

I think the primary concern should be addressed with AWS regarding whether the integration and authentication between the three AWS accounts are feasible. Once clarified with AWS, we can ensure Commvault is briefed on the configuration. It's crucial to validate with AWS first to determine the optimal setup for achieving your goals effectively.