Question

Issues Discovered Computers

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Requesting your assistance as we are experiencing an error in the Commvault console when attempting to query devices that do not have Commvault installed. This process was previously done through Active Directory. I am attaching the error message for your reference.

If any of you have insights on how to resolve this problem or have encountered similar situations, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Alexis,

Did you select the domain from the drop down list when using the AD option? if you type it out instead it can fail.

The domain should also be set up in the security section of the CommCell: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/adding_domain_controllers_for_single_sign_on.html

Badge +4

Thank you for your response. I tried selecting the 'Import from Active Directory' option, as my goal is to identify which machines do not have Commvault installed. However, in doing so, I am unable to see any of them. Additionally, I have verified that the configuration is set up correctly in the security section of CommCell, and the settings appear to be in order.

Are there any additional considerations I should be aware of or specific steps I can follow to address this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Alexis,

If the configuration checks out, it might be time to see if we can get more info as to why its failing from the log files. Repeat the issue and then check out EvMgrS.log on the CommServe machine - that should provide clues as to what is happening.