Solved

The software should work on Network (LAN+WAN) and over the Internet.(The clients should be able to backup their data over secure internet protocol without the use of VPN or MPLS)

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

actually my question is commvault support over the internet backup or lan and wan without vpn and mpls ?

How it is possible ? and what is process.

icon

Best answer by Javier 7 March 2024, 15:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HI @Keshav Sawant ,

You indeed can, the most common approach is to deploy a Network Gateway in your DMZ that will act as a proxy between your backend Cell infrastructure (CS, MAs,...) and your Clients over the internet.

The Clients will reach to the backup infrastructure via the proxy. More information available in documentation;

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/network_gateway_in_perimeter_network.html

Badge +5

As per guide, we have done following thing.

first added access node through command center as commserve to proxy one way topology and push network configuration.

then configured network geteway via push installation commcell on windows server 2016 with set network route configuration.

as per my understand the network gateway is communication node of commserver or outside network client .. Right?

if i am wrong, please correct me ?

if i am right, then what the next step. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Keshav,

A network gateway is just a proxy allowing the communication between the CS and the Clients where there might be some network restrictions between both.

Could you share what it the current error?