Question

Installing the Endpoint Agent on the laptop

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Dear Team,

We currently have a production CommServer running V11 SP 28, while laptop/desktop backups are operating on a lower version, V11 SP 24. With over 5000 laptop/desktop agents requiring an upgrade, we seek assistance in downloading the necessary packages and deploying them via SCCM without creating new instances. Your guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, we have observed multiple duplicate instances appearing for each machine. We are keen to remove or delete these duplicates without impacting the existing backup configurations. Could you please provide instructions on how to achieve this effectively?

Regards,

ManiD

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @ManiD ,

Is there anything stopping you from using the push software feature from commvault itself instead of relying on SCCM?

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/installing_platform_release_remotely_using_commcell_console.html

In regards to the multiple instances, that means at some point multiple installing have been executed, installing the components on different Instances, I don’t think there is a quick way of tidying them up other than manually uninstalling the undesired instances.

Badge +5

Dear @Javier,

Thanks for your clarifications. I have observed there are 2000+ duplicate instance has been created four month before. However its not possible to uninstall manually, is there any script or workflow to figure it out duplicate instance to clear them.

Regards,

ManiD

Badge +5

Dear @Javier,

Thanks for your clarifications. I have observed there are 2000+ duplicate instance has been created four month before. However its not possible to uninstall manually, is there any script or workflow to figure it out duplicate instance to clear them.

Regards,

ManiD

Dear team,

Could you please update.

Regards,

ManiD