• 24 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

How to upgrade Commserver from the version of 11.12 to 11.28

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Vetri 

Upgrade from 11.12 to SP28 needs prior validation we need to ensure the current Database is working and DR backup is safe.

Once verified refer below system requirement for Sp28 and ensure all these are met and then you may plan and upgrade.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/commserve_server_system_requirements_windows.html
https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/upgrading_commserve_computer.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Every time I see posts like this I'm just so surprised how a customer can still run on such an ancient unsupported version. Anyhow good to see you finally decided to catch up to a newer, more secure, version. You will be surprised with what is coming your way. Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Onno van den Berg 

Completely agree… but i guess not everyone uses commvault for the same purpose... so if it ain’t broke… don’t fix it..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I assume the amount of customers buying Commvault only for Activate alike functionality is very little, so to focus on core functionality being data recovery. The mindset "if it ain’t broke… don’t fix it" is something that you can't keep up with all external and internal threats these days anymore. Do you do maintain the same mindset with OS patching or patching of you underlying virtualized platform? If you are more than 4+ years behind in updates you miss tons of security fixes in both Commvault software and supporting opensource components who are embedded and used by Commvault. Only in case of true air-gapped environments this might change, however most companies with these requirements have security top of mind. Also the applications that you protect often change and although it might work the result when you try to recover data when you need it can be different. Anyhow not to hijack this topic.... good to see movement in the right direction!