Solved

Aux copy finished with completer error

Badge +4

We do see aux copy completed with error because of skipped jobs But we dont see the job id gui  not even in the logs. is there any way to see the job when it say job is skipped ? 

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 13 September 2022, 20:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Gavaskar , thanks for the post!

I looked around and don’t see anywhere the jobs are documented.  The error is essentially saying that if you copied these jobs over, they would age right away (so why bother wasting the time).

With that in mind, I don’t think we document the job list, they are just skipped/not collected via your rules.

This was discussed well in this post here:

And there’s a KB for a similar error (same idea) here:

https://kb.commvault.com/article/AUXCP0011

Badge +4

@Mike Struening  thanks for the replay. i have created ticket by commvault. in that ticket they did also mentiond this setting:  https://kb.commvault.com/article/AUXCP0011 but still we have error. we are now troubleshooting with commvault engineer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Gavaskar , what’s the case number?  I’d like to track it here.

Thanks!

Badge +4

@Mike Struening  220712-476

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sharing the Closure Pending reason:

Finding Details:

Based off your previous update, we see this error, as you suspected, when the job would have already met the secondary copy retention.
This can happen when the aux copy has not run, causing a delay of the backups being copied over to the secondary. Once they are, they would have already met retention and are skipped.
When checked the CSDB, we see below parameter is enabled: Based off your previous update, we see this error, as you suspected, when the job would have already met the secondary copy retention.
This can happen when the aux copy has not run, causing a delay of the backups being copied over to the secondary. Once they are, they would have already met retention and are skipped.
When checked the CSDB, we see below parameter is enabled:
"Disabling Jobs for an Auxiliary Copy that meets the Retention Criteria"

Disabled the parameter and escalated the case to Dev

Solution:

Synth full jobs on Weekend is failing and getting marked as Do not Copy causing the aux copy to complete with the message