Solved

Auxiliary copy is stuck at 30%

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Our weekly secondary AuxCopy is stuck at 30% since this weekend (so that it is blocking all the primary disk to disk incremental copies), with the below 2 error messages

Thinking it might be some ports communication issue between the Media Server (S01190) where the tape library is attached to, and the CommCell Server (S02116), so I did the below ports check between the 2 Servers:

Telnet from the Media Server (S01190) to the CommCell Server (S02116)

Port 8400        OK

Port 8401        OK

Port 8403        OK

Telnet from the CommCell Server (S02116) to the Media Server (S01190)

Port 8400        OK

Port 8401        Not OK

Port 8403        Not OK

Now, before I speak to our Network/Security administrator who have recently installed SentinelOne AV on both of the above 2 Servers, I’m wondering if I’m heading the right direction, and if I have done all the ports checking ? 

Thanks,

Kelvin

icon

Best answer by Kelvin 2 August 2021, 23:37

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Damian,

It looks like the URL is being blocked from the CommServe… I’ll check it with our FW administrator tomorrow. Cheers.

Ok see how you go. I think that on I.E error 400 may be OK - it means the request is reaching the server. I checked on chrome on my side so it could be a little different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Kelvin , how are things looking on this?  Curious to see what your Network Administrator said.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Mike,

Since we disabled the SentinelOne on both of the Servers, the AuxCopy has been working fine, finger crossed though...

BTW, we have finally renewed our support for the CommCell faee1, however, there is a problem…

Because the CommCell is registered under the name of our sub-company in France, so it doesn’t show up in my usual support portal which is registered under the name of our US company.

At the moment, the only person who can access this faee1 support portal (by using his own email address) is my colleague in France, who is, by the way, handing over his backup job to me, therefore, I’m sure, before long, he won’t be keen to log any more new cases...

So, what do I need to do to have the access to this faee1 support portal ? Or, is there a way to move this faee1 to my own support portal ?

Thanks,

Kelvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear good news (so far) on the original issue!

For the Maintenance Advantage issue, send an email to our Frontline team (via support@commvault.com) and they’ll help get you sorted.  If they need anything confirming proof of ownership, they’ll guide you.