Question

Change Tape Library

• 30 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
After changing tape librariy, the aux copy job always asks me for the previous media written, can someone help me?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ITSYSCD - Can you please elaborate your query and provide some screenshots for better understanding ? 

Badge +1

Hi @ITSYSCD - Can you please elaborate your query and provide some screenshots for better understanding ? 

Hi @Arunkumar P , thanks for your support.

“Description: The operation cannot be completed as the media is outside the library.Check streams information for more details
Source: commvault, Process: JobManager”

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ITSYSCD - Thanks for share the details. 

Is the source copy using a tape library or a disk library?

If the source data is on tape, then the necessary tapes should be loaded for the read operation.

Ensure all the necessary source media are loaded so that the auxiliary copy operation will start to progress.

Badge +1

@Arunkumar P  source copy is disklib, but the job requires a previously written cassette.

Anymore, ​I think I solved it by disabling the combine data stream.

I'll update you with the next schedules and thank you for the suggestion

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ITSYSCD - Good to hear. Continue to monitor the job and let me know if you face any issues. 

Badge +1

Same error, but the job is 99%:

Error Code: [62:75]
Description: The operation cannot be completed as the media is outside the library.Check streams information for more details
Source: commvault, Process: JobManager

[DrivePool(cacv01)57], Media[000080L6]: The operation cannot be completed as the media is outside the library. Advice: Please import the media into library and try again.

Badge +1

@Arunkumar P 

Same error, but the job is 99%:

Error Code: [62:75]
Description: The operation cannot be completed as the media is outside the library.Check streams information for more details

[DrivePool(cacv01)57], Media[000080L6]: The operation cannot be completed as the media is outside the library. Advice: Please import the media into library and try again.