Solved

Changing Retention times - Estimating capacity

• 25 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to estimate the capacity I am going to need when changing the retention time on my Global Deduplication policy - Primary copy from 30 days to one year.

If I look at the capacity of the storage policy now, w/ the 30-day retention period, would multiplying that by 12 give me an accurate estimate on capacity I will need to keep that primary copy for one year?  Ex - Primary copy w/30-day retention period = 300GB - changing to 365-day retention period = 3.6TB ?

icon

Best answer by Nutan Pawar G 26 September 2023, 08:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @MarcL 

We have Commvault Solution Design Tool, this might be helpful in calculating the Total backup storage.

Please try accessing the link: 

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/reportsplus/reportViewer.jsp?reportId=SDTRequests

If you are returned back to the Web Console home page, please write an email to CloudServices@commvault.com including the Commcell ID and ask for the access. 

If you still get the issues, please open IT Helpdesk ticket to request being added to the AD group.

Badge +1

Nutan Pawar G  - Thank you for the information, I am emailing the cloud services team now. I appreciate your help.