Solved

CV_MAGNETIC\V_1508600] [The parameter used for the current operation is not supported by the Operating System, OS Drivers or the underlying Hardware.]. For more help, please call your vendor's support hotline.

• 12 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello Community,

Thanks for all answers.

I am having same issues with CIFS shares using VSan Dell storage.

How do I increase the SMB credits to 256?  In media agent Windows registry key?

Thanks

Error occurred in Disk Media, Path

CV_MAGNETIC\V_1508600] [The parameter used for the current operation is not supported by the Operating System, OS Drivers or the underlying Hardware.]. For more help, please call your vendor's support hotline.

icon

Best answer by Matt Medvedeff 12 August 2022, 17:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bao Dang , I moved this to its own thread to better ensure we resolve your issue.

Much of what I have seen for this error is indicative of hardware issues.  Are you seeing anything on the OS side?

I did see another case where someone ran a Data Verification on the library, though that might take a while as an attempt.

I’ve asked a few internal folks to comment on the SMB question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Bao Dang 

This error typically occurs when the software is trying to read a UNC path share and encountering timeouts reading from the share 

Please ensure that the CIFS shares and Commvault directories are whitelisted from AV scanning.

We would defer to the HW vendor for the SMB configuration here, there’s really nowhere to configure this in Commvault.

Badge +1

Hello Mr. Matt,

Thanks so much for the reply. Let me add the UNC path share in the exclusion list for AV Defender.

I also has all Drive: “root listed”  This issues flapping in all backup and Aux copies jobs across all disk libraries. We are using Windows VM for all media servers. A host system mounting VSan storage for disk library.

Much appreciated Sir for your in put.

Have a nice day and a great weekend Sir.

All the Best,

Bao

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Just chipping in here, but I’ve seen similar errors over the years when both the MA and the attached storage has been overloaded so I tend to see that error as a bit of a red herring.

imo … definitely keep a close eye on MA and storage and double-check how they are performing.

Likewise with the AV exclusions …. good luck.