Solved

Every time I send an auxiliary copy to tape, it tells me that the Chunks are not available for the operating system.

• 21 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Every time I send an auxiliary copy to tape, it tells me that the Chucks are not available for the operating system.  The end user put the MA installation path inside the drive where the backups are located, can this be the cause

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 21 April 2022, 23:36

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@PedroRV , it could be related, though we need to do some digging.

When you see an error, can you see if the chunk file in question is actually there or not?  

If not, then you’ll need to see why it was deleted.

If it is there, my initial suspicion would be that you have some Anti Virus program monitoring that folder and locking the files.

This exclusion list is worth a look:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/expert/8665_recommended_antivirus_exclusions_for_windows.html

Badge +1

I note that the CV_MAGNETICS are on a route of a VM of Azure, when I present this path on the librari this appear that is online.

But after the sent the beging Data Verification or a Auxiliar Copy this apper who no accesible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@JMherrDaat , @PedroRV this definitely looks strange based on the behavior.

Can you open a support case for this issue and share the case number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@JMherrDaat , @PedroRV were you able to get this resolved?

Based on what @JMherrDaat said, it drops connectivity once you initiate an aux Copy.  This leads me to believe there is an issue with the account that is trying to write to the drive.