Solved

How long does it take for the new license file to be applied?

• 14 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

My CommVault license expires Saturday (today being Thursday).  I received a new license file from CommVault and applied.  The software components to back up VMs and Mail & Cloud Apps have an expiry date of Dec 2024.  Weirdly, my Metallic storage still shows as expiring Dec 16 2023.

How long does it take for the new license to be applied? 

I tried applying the license directly from the CommServer but got the message “The license key has already been applied”.  

Any suggestions on what to check to figure out why the expiry date on my Metallic storage hasn’t updated?

Ken

icon

Best answer by Ken_H 15 December 2023, 18:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

My CommVault account rep sent me a new license file which I applied but the expiry date on the Metallic storage still hasn’t changed.  This is incredibly stressful because if the Metallic cloud storage goes offline we are in violation of both our corporate backup policy and the agreement we have with our malware insurance provider.

Ken

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

My HyperScale storage has the same problem.  The license file has been applied yet the license report still says it expires in 2 days.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

It appears that CommVault just needs some time to recognize the new license.  After leaving it overnight, CommVault now reports the licenses will expire Dec 12, 2024.  Oddly our previous license expired Dec 16 2023  yet the one year renewal only takes us to Dec 12, 2024 - not quite a full year.  Sigh.  It’s frustrating like applying a new license, something that should take 10 minutes, ends up taking hours and still has problems.