Skip to main content

Hi all,

When adding CommVault Cloud (MRR) to on-prem - HSSX v3, Adding the Cloud Library only allowed a single node to be selected. Do you then have to share the Cloud Storage Pool to add the remaining HSX nodes and only then get an option to create additional DDB partitions, it seems to have changed since last time, are the partitions created when the additional nodes start to pick up backup jobs. Or do i still need to create the DDB/Cloud/P1 P2 and so on.

Cheers

Jules 

@Jules_cb Good day! 

If you’re configuring the MRR storage pool using the HSX nodes, then there is a chance of the DDB drives would become full because the HS nodes must have designed only to host the HS DDBs. So, I would request you to check with the person designed the setup and if it was designed to host MRR pool then proceed with adding the library with one node then you can add partitions. Let me know if you have any queries. 

Thanks for the response. HSX RA v3.x from Command Centre no longer has the _P1 and P2 requirements. You add the Cloud DDB folder under the ws/ddb and all good, CV does it's stuff behind the scenes, from CC you then add the DDB roles to the other HSX nodes after adding the MRR now referred to as AIR Gapped Protection, not MRR any more. All went in cean though.