Solved

Oracle Archive Log Backup

• 26 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I created Oracle database full backup subclient every day at 2:00 AM and Oracle archive log full backup subclient every hour. Both data and archive log use same storage policy At storage policy level I created auxiliary copy with selective copy all fulls. But when I checked the jobs inside this auxiliary copy I can find oracle data full backups only and it is not contain the archive log backup jobs. The storage policy primary contain all data and archive logs jobs

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 26 August 2022, 05:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Hesham Mostafa,

Selective copies only copy full backups - no other backup types, so archive log data will automatically be excluded (including incremental backups, differential, transaction logs etc.). You’ll need a synchronous copy to get the archive logs.

In a Selective storage copy, specific full backup jobs are copied from a source copy. The source copy can be either a primary copy or a secondary copy. Using a selective copy, you can setup to copy first or last full backup jobs based on automatic time-based selection such as all, weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly full backups. For example, only the first or last full backup that occurs within the selected week, month, quarter, half-year, or year can be copied.

An auxiliary copy operation must be performed to replicate the data to the secondary copy.

Badge +1

Hello @Damian Andre 

Thank you it is working fine as per my needs