Solved

Pure Storage as Immutable Secondary Copy

• 18 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Community ,

We are using disk library as our Primary Backup Storage  . We would like to configure immutable secondary DASH copy on Pure Flash Blade . I would like to understand -- 

1. Can i create a disk library from Pure Flash Blade with hardware immutability ?
  2. Can i use Pure Flash Blade array to create a DASH Aux copy with source as disk library primary copy to target as library created from Pure Flash Blade .
  3. Backups are Streaming & VSA , not IntelliSnap . 
  4. As per the CV documentation and videos , i see that Pure is only configured as Primary backup storage with IntelliSnap backups . Can we use it as backup library target for aux copies ? 
icon

Best answer by Orazan 21 March 2022, 17:12

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mohit Chordia , I’m not seeing any mention of Pure Storage used in any way EXCEPT for intellisnap.

Let me ask around internally.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Mohit Chordia   Good afternoon.  When it comes to storage, Commvault does not care about what type of storage it is for mount paths, just that it is seen by the OS and is online.  As far as the immutability on the array is up to if the vendor supports it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@Mohit Chordia , I’m not seeing any mention of Pure Storage used in any way EXCEPT for intellisnap.

Let me ask around internally.

Thank you Mike  , Let me know once you have an update.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Mohit Chordia You can use Pure storage as destination storage for Aux Copies.  As I stated earlier,  as long as the OS sees it as storage Commvault libraries can write to it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mohit Chordia , @Orazan *IS* my update :joy:  

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@Mike Struening @Orazan 

Thanks for the reply.

Please confirm the firewall ports , networking requirement in order to register Pure as target storage for CommVault backup library.

Regards,

Mohit

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Mohit Chordia  It just needs to be seen by the OS as storage.  Since you are using it for secondary storage and not for Intellisnap, you would set it up as any other library/mount path in Commvault.  

As you can see here, there are no special requirements for storage itself.