Solved

Synchronous Copy to Selective Copy

• 1 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi there,

I have a synchronous copy to tape (aux copy job is scheduled every day). Now, I want only one weekly full backup to be copied to tapes. Is there only way to create new selective copy to achieve that?

Am I right, that only changing schedule for synchronous copy from every day to every week can not help - in that case all jobs from the previous week would be copied once a week at a given time ?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 1 July 2021, 16:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@drPhil , your assumption is correct.  The schedule has no affect on what the Synchronous Copy collects, only WHEN it copies EVERYTHING.

If you want a copy that only captures specific Fulls based on a configured criteria, then you’ll need a Selective Aux Copy.

Let me know if that confirms what you already (correctly) assumed :nerd:

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@drPhil , your assumption is correct.  The schedule has no affect on what the Synchronous Copy collects, only WHEN it copies EVERYTHING.

If you want a copy that only captures specific Fulls based on a configured criteria, then you’ll need a Selective Aux Copy.

Let me know if that confirms what you already (correctly) assumed :nerd:

Thanks @Mike Struening . We have changed Synchronous copy to Selective copy and adjusted Schedules as well. Hopefully, it will help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If it somehow doesn’t, you know where to find me!