Skip to main content

How to 100% verify the policy is in use, or has been ?

Hello @Steinar Grande 

There are lots of different ways to implement throttling and lots of different ways to track if it is working or not.

Can you confirm and provide some screenshots on how you have applied your throttling? 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Sure:

CommcellConsole>Client Computer > (selected computer) > Properties > Network > [enable] Network Throtteling (check), rss proxy conterpart computer > Trottling Schedule > Throttling rule > 

Short form:

Meaning; I want only 1 Gbps

Hello @Steinar Grande 

The way you have set it up is to use 10% of your total bandwidth not 1Gbps. 

If you want to throttle at 1Gbps then use the absolute option. 

What is your total bandwidth? What is the evidence of it using more than that? 

Or is this more how to do i check it is working? 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Ok, I ticked the other option, now how to check it is working ?

Hello @Steinar Grande 

The CVD log is going to be the log that enforces it but there is no easy way to confirm it is working or not.

i would recommend using what ever network monitoring tool you have in your environment and run some Aux copy jobs to confirm we are not going over it. 

It is worth noting that CV throttling is not a hard limit but a reactionary throttle. We will keep going untill we are over the throttle and then bring it back. you will find the graph of performance to be poking its head over the throttle limit and look like a wave. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

One thing you may need to consider is if the source and destination MA’s are the same (eg: copying from disk to cloud using DDB’s on the same MediaAgent). If this is the case you will need to put in the additional setting to throttle LAN free connections: https://documentation.commvault.com/additionalsetting/details?name=%22ThrottleLanFreeSDT%22&id=4836