Question

Total Blocks to Process during Data Verification

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

How can I confirm how many blocks a DDB data verification job processed after it is finished?

We have a scheduled policy to check data consistency with the following options. It seems to me that the job is processing all single blocks.

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Eduardo Braga 

Just to clarify, is the concern that it’s running an Incremental job but the total blocks to process indicates that the job is checking ALL data?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Eduardo Braga 

Just to clarify, is the concern that it’s running an Incremental job but the total blocks to process indicates that the job is checking ALL data?

Exactly @Matt Medvedeff . That’s my concern. The field Total Blocks to Process is practically identical to Total Numer of Unique Blocks. Despite the fact that, once completed, the Total Data Size field shows something quite different than Total Size of Unique Blocks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Eduardo Braga Can you please tell me what the savings percentage for the DDB is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Eduardo Braga , following up on some older threads.  Were you able to visit @Orazan ‘s request?

Let us know if this is still an issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Eduardo Braga Can you please tell me what the savings percentage for the DDB is?

Dedup Savings: ~70%

DDB Verification Job is a two-phased job. Right? It consists of the Validate Dedupe Data process and the Verify Data process. I think that one of them is processing all of the blocks despite the fact that DDB Verification Job is scheduled to start a Incremental one. Maybe by design. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Eduardo Braga , following up to see if you have any update on this one.  Might be worth a support case.