Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have build the License Server in the Azure recently with single cloud storage, its protect by DR backup. There is no deticated MA or VSA.

My License Server/SQL was completely hardened and had lot of customization. So, rebuild the new Server with DR backup will be a tedious job during recovery process.

Is there any other way to protect the VM and create a seamless recovery process?

Is it make sense or works if I configure the CS as MA/VSA to backup same CS?

TIA,

Mani

@Manikandn , that should work just fine.  Add a MA with the VSA and back up the license server as a vm.

Hi Mike,

Even backup may work, but I am curious about recovery.. Even wihout VSA/MA how can I recover the CS. 

@Manikandn , oh I see now….you’re talking about the MAIN Commserve (sometimes the CS software is installed for components for a License Server, but is not the actual commserve).

I would consider splitting those out so the main CS is not the same server/vm.

I agree with @Mike Struening , it is always good to split functionality over different systems.

Regarding the CS backup, just a thought, should work.
The VM backup will impact the Commserve during disk consolidation.
But why not temporarily disable scheduling so load is at the lowest point, then new data is minimized and therefor the disk consolidation. If possible host the Commserve on SSD for faster consolidation.
Initiate a backup for the Commserve manually, wait untill the backup has finished, activate the scheduling and resume business as normal. Then at least you have one VM backup.
Repeat this after each maintenance/feature release installation and your set, except windows updates...