Solved

Commvault and Google Cloud VMware Engine

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello everyone,

I looked in the documentation, however, I did not find anything about it.

How can I perform DR of on-premise VMware VMs using Google Cloud VMware Engine as target?

Are there any restrictions or best practices for implementation?

Thanks, 🙂

Antonio.

icon

Best answer by GnanaPrakasam 26 July 2023, 15:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @antonio ,

There is no official document on Conversion of on-prem VMWare VM to Google cloud VMWare Engine platform.

However, considering the fact that the Google Cloud VMWare Engine has a similar architecture as on-premise VMWare, you can proceed to perform a restore and I don’t think we will have any restriction if the Google Cloud VMWare Engine is configured with all permissions required.

Please find the document which has the permissions to configure for Google Cloud VMWare Engine:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/131455_google_cloud_vmware_engine.html

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @GnanaPrakasam ,

Thank you for your reply.

Reading the documentation of the link you sent, I could see the features and limitations.

As the DR will be performed where the source will be in an on-premise VMWare environment and the target will be in Google Cloud VMware, I believe that following the guidance in deploying the Commvault components in the Google Cloud VMware environment, right?

Or would you have any other instruction for that?

Thanks,

Antonio.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @antonio ,

You can very well follow the same document to configure the Google Cloud VMWare environment and then proceed with the restores.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @GnanaPrakasam ,

Ok then, thank you for the help, 😁.

Regards,

Antonio.