Solved

Report of all VMs and the schedule they belong to

• 18 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have pulled the reports from the cloud on schedules but they don’t seem to report on VMs, since they don’t have an agent. I see the Virtual Center and the VM groups in each of them. But, I have been asked for a list of all VMs and the schedules they belong to. Is this something that we can do?

icon

Best answer by Gseibak 19 August 2022, 15:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I don’t believe there is a report specifically for that.

I would use the report “Subclient Schedule Information”:

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/store.do#!/135/663/13076

Extract the data to Excel, also extract a copy of the VM table overview to Excel (where you can see the relation to vm group, I believe this is the first tab on the hypervisor section in protect). Then perform a vlookup for the schedule to be presented behind every VM.

Or make a custom report, but I think Excel will be faster.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Richard,

There is a report in the store called “VM Backup” https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/store.do#!/135/661/13494

which has the VM schedule details - give vm name and subclient

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

My apologies, @Gseibak  is right.
Didn't notice the second tab with the schedule details.

Thanks @Gseibak 🙂

Badge

Hello,

Let’s revive this old topic :) I do see that “VM Backup” report is not available anymore.

For everyone’s interest: is there any new report that would provide schedule for single VM?

However, personally I am more interested in CSDB views that would provide the same information.

Update to be more specific: we do have virtual machines that do belong to vmware vcenter client and all backups are scheduled under vcenter subclients, so there are no scheduled shown under VM schedules. I am looking how I could get single VM schedule based on the parent vcenter schedule.