Solved

Restoring Guest Files and Folders for VMware

Badge +1

Hi, there is such a question, when I use Restore for Guest Files an Folders for Windows Server 2016 client using VSA for VMware, the content is displayed sometimes after 1 minute and sometimes after 1 hour. Why are these times not always the same.

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 5 May 2021, 12:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @KrzysztofS 

There are a few things to be factored in here, With VSA it’s highly likely that you’re using LiveBrowse functionality to browse the backup. 

The speed of the browse can be affected by some of the following:

How many Browse operations are running on the Media Agent.
How busy is the Media Agent. - Backups, Aux Copies, Restores, Browses
Performance of the Media Agent. - High Resource/Disk Usage
Free Space on the Media Agent. - Low Disk space on MA’s JobResults location can cause slowness when browsing.

I’d also suggest ensuring Automount is disabled and scrubbed on the MA, also make sure any AV is not scanning the CV directories/binaries.

Best Regards,

Michael

Badge +1

Thanks for the answer,

Yes I use LiveBrowse,

What do you mean by excluding "ensuring Automount is disabled and scrubbed on" whether it is an option on MA or Windows?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @KrzysztofS ,

It’s a Windows Feature in Diskpart, It’s non-disruptive to disable and scrub (if enabled): Automount | Microsoft Docs

I have seen this cause odd behavior in the past when the pseudomount creates the mountpoints in the OS for the VM disks. - I’d suggest ensuring automount is disabled and scrubbed on Media Agents and VSA Proxies (especially those performing HotAdd operations).

Best Regards,

Michael

Badge +1

Thanks for your help, will I let you know if it helps?