Skip to main content
Solved

Virtualize me windows 2019 to Azure

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

We are performing the Physical server restoration to Azure with Virtualize me option form the command center, During the restore we are getting below error.

Same server if we perform the Virtualize me restoration from the GUI console, the restoration will be success but the server is not booting in the Azure. also we noticed during the restore the multiple VHD are getting created. But the server is having only 2 drive C and F. 

Also i want to highlight here, In the general tab we are not bale to list/select the Hypervisor client, there is bug in it. 

Could you please help me to fix the issue. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @SSP As per the system requirements: System Requirements for Virtualize Me for Azure and Azure Stack (commvault.com) can you please confirm the source machine has UEFI firmware mode? If that's the case, it's not supported. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +4

Hi @Rajiv, This limitation applies only for Virtualize me feature ? or even for 1-touch recovery feature of Commvault ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @SSP Its a MS limitation and applies to Virtualize Me when someone is converting the machines from physical to virtual. 

1 touch considerations are mentioned here: 1-Touch for Windows: System Requirements (commvault.com)

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +4

Thanks for the info @Rajiv. One last question why the multiple physical disk are showing with windows icon Since we have only 2 disks on the source machine.