Skip to main content

hi all,

i created an archive set on a new client, content is on an azure file share, we want to delete the files after archive so selected this option on the subclient properties but the files are still there after the archive job runs.

any ideas?

Hello @lee.kersey 

The feature does not just remove item after archive, there are a number of rules that have to be met that are configured by you.

Can you please share the rules that are set in this case and confirm they have all been met by the file you are expected to be deleted?

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/subclient_properties_archiving_rules.html

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Hi Albert,

thanks for your reply.

I ran the job on a test folder, all the files were archived as expected based on the rules I selected, as below:

Archiving rules User defined

File timestamp

Last modified 0 days ago 

File size

Minimum file size 0 KB 

After archiving

Delete the file 

am I missing something?

Hello @lee.kersey 

Can you confirm the Free disk space settings as well? 
The purpose of this feature is to keep you disk space low, if it is already low then there is no need for us to delete an item even if it meets the outlined criteria. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Hi Albert,

there are no disk space settings on this subclient.

Hello @lee.kersey 

I would recommend a support ticket so a session can be setup and review the issue you have outlined.

Feel free to reference this Community Post in the ticket so they have the background information and please update this thread after the ticekt once you get a solution so the rest of us know the best practice. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams