Skip to main content
Question

restoring ActiveIQ

• 2 July 2024
  • 3 replies

when i try to backup ActiveIQ mysql DB with the Mysql agent it seems like everything works.

When i try to restore the MySQL server the job fails with "cannot start restore program on host (xxx.xxx.xxx.xx 8400*8402) - network error occurred or the products services are not running".

The MySQL services are running and there is no firewall between the commserve and the mysql server.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @arik ,

During restore, the Media Agent typically reaches out to the client in the networking flow. Can you try telnet or cvping from the MA to the client tp check if there is a connection failure. It could also be DNS, where the Media Agent cannot resolve the client but the CommServe can.

This might give you some info to start debugging further.

Badge +5

Hi @arik ,

During restore, the Media Agent typically reaches out to the client in the networking flow. Can you try telnet or cvping from the MA to the client tp check if there is a connection failure. It could also be DNS, where the Media Agent cannot resolve the client but the CommServe can.

This might give you some info to start debugging further.

Thank you for your answer.

For some reason if i try to cvping with port 8402 the connection is failing, there are no firewalls between the MA and the client.

I thought there is a problem with the dns but i cant see anything wrong with it.

i have been told that there might be a problem beacuse the server was created from ova.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @arik 

That seems to be the issue. 

Can you make sure Commvault service are running (through process manager) on both MA and client?With respect to Firewall, can you ensure the service is stopped and are not listening. Key communication port is 8400 and this should work bi-directional if there is no firewall in between.

Also, If this is critical Database restore, please log a support case for faster resolution. 

There could possibly be an issue with the machine being created for OVA but needs further review.