Solved

Any way to reset the service account used by Commcell console to log in?

• 17 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I inherited the Commvault environment and the Commcell Console uses an AD service account to authenticate logins. Because the service account password does not meet our AD password requirement, I’ve changed it to a new/more complex password. However, I did not update it in Commcell before I logged out. Now I can’t log in any more. It gives an error “Failed to get properties for user [domain_user] in Commcell Console and in qlogin:  “qlogin: Error 0x103: Failed to get properties for user [domain_user]”. Is there any way to update it? I can’ change the password to the old one because it does not comply with the AD password policy so it refuses to accept the old password. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Chris Hollis 17 January 2024, 05:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@accv 

Two options… raise a support case and an engineer can walk you thru resetting the local admin account password so that you can access the console and update what you need.

Second option is to go to https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/forms (sign in) > go to forms >

There is a ‘reset auth code for admin password’ option, populate your CCID and follow the prompts.

Regards,

Chris