Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I used to have three Exchange 2013 servers (INF-SRV2/3/4) – none of which appeared as “operational instances” in CommVault – which we’ve had Exchange DAG backups configured on since before I started working with CommVault.  Now we’ve got two Exchange 2019 servers (INF-SRV12/22) and when I added one of the servers to CommVault, it appeared as an operational instance and pushed me over my license limit. 

It’s a little frustrating that none of my old Exchange servers counted towards my “operational instance” license threshold.  Is there a way to add my Exchange 2019 servers WITHOUT them counting as “operational instances”?

Ken

The new Exchange servers didn’t appear within either the Java GUI or the Command Center.  I managed to get backups to work by installing the Exchange client on one of the new nodes however doing so has fooled CommVault into thinking this is a physical server which means it consumes my last “operational instance” license.  Since there are no remaining operational instance licenses, I’m not able to add the second node of the DAG to CommVault.

Support ticket 231102-707 has been created to get this resolved.