Skip to main content
Solved

Error while reading pipeline buffer from MediaAgent

• 2 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Im trying to restore a Windows 2012 server that was backed up on an old vmware VCENTER. I am getting the error Error Code 23:10 Error while reading pipeline buffer from MediaAgent (commvault.com) - How can I “Change the network adapter of the virtual machine to vmxnet3” on a server that is backed up? During the restore, I change the vcenter to the new vcenter using the same datastore, ESX and Media Agent servers. It fails almost right away. Is there another way to get the backup? 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello @tsmtmiller 

If i am understanding that KB correctly it is saying when that NIC is in use there is a chance that the data will be corrupt when the backup is taken.

The issue is that it doesn't always cause the backup to fail but will fail when a read is attempted. Be it through an AUX copy of the data or a restore. 

I would recommend a support ticket for this issue to be investigated as the client team will know the exact answer around what options are available. Please report back onto this case after you get the answer from support. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @tsmtmiller 

If i am understanding that KB correctly it is saying when that NIC is in use there is a chance that the data will be corrupt when the backup is taken.

The issue is that it doesn't always cause the backup to fail but will fail when a read is attempted. Be it through an AUX copy of the data or a restore. 

I would recommend a support ticket for this issue to be investigated as the client team will know the exact answer around what options are available. Please report back onto this case after you get the answer from support. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Hello and thanks for the input. I updated the Commvault Console I was using to match the Commserve (11.32.56) and after this, the restore worked. I assume this was the issue, because it worked after I did this. I didnt make any other changes.