Skip to main content

Dears,

I'm encountering difficulties downloading the latest Outlook add-in for version 11.36. The downloader is only providing the version for 11.30.

I would appreciate it if someone could assist me in obtaining the correct downloader for version 11.36.

Additionally, I believe there may be an error in the documentation regarding the Outlook add-in version. It's possible that the shared version is outdated. I recommend the Commvault team verify the accuracy of the documentation to ensure it aligns with the latest version of the Outlook add-in.

Hello @Saadhom 

The Outlook addin download package is located here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2024e/expert/outlook_add_in_packages.html

Once that is downloaded to download the actual addin you run 

CvInstaller.exe /DOWNLOAD DownloadPath

The addin version is not the same as product versions

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your assistance.

I successfully downloaded the Outlook add-in client file named OutlookAddinClient_x64_11_02092023.msi]. also, after installation, I noticed that the version is 11.30.63436.

I kindly request your confirmation regarding whether this is the latest version of the Outlook add-in client. If not, please could you provide guidance on how to obtain the most recent version.

That is correct.

It should also be noted as per Docs:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/outlook_add_in.html

Outlook Add-In is deprecated for versions more recent than Outlook 2016. If you upgrade your Outlook version from 2016 to a more recent version, the Commvault Outlook Add-in will no longer work. You can continue to use Outlook Add-In with Outlook 2016.

Hello Scott,

I regret to inform you that the Outlook add-in version mentioned in the documentation is outdated. The correct version is [OutlookAddinClient_x64_11_05282024] with file version 11.36.44793.

I would appreciate it if you could inform the responsible team of this discrepancy and request that they update the documentation to reflect the accurate version.