Skip to main content

The Question i have is if we were to build a new instance of CommVault console on a new vm, and the current non working CommVault instance is connected to HPE StoreOnce , if we connect the newly created CommVault instance to the existing StoreOnce storage would this then loss the ability to restore data from the existing HPE StoreOnce. and possibly delete the existing data stored on the HPE StoreOnce.

we also use a replica between the StoreOnce Onces as we have one on each of our two sites.

Hi,

I understand the situation like this: you have one cell which is down for any reasons. It had the data saved to HPE-SO. Now you think of building another cell having access to the old data already existing in HPE-SO? If so there are processes to follow and I as far as I remember commcell migration will be needed here, but without access to the old commserve its database it can be tricky. Regarding the data in HPE-SO: for a new cell it will not be visible/readable out of the box.

the issues is that the SQL database on the old CommVault server is broken and really cannot be used.

will the existing data be deleted though on our hpe StoreOnce if we start using the new CommVault instance, also is there a way of just copying certain parts of the database rather than the whole database?  also is there a way of getting access to that existing data after the new CommVault is installed such as config changes on the SQL databases maybe? or is it better to just move to a new one and just accepted that the data is no longer accessible. 

It’s a perfect case for support.