Question

Unable to Perfrom Mysql DBs out of place restore

• 29 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello ;

I have 2 Mysql Cluster running on the same version “8.0.20” and check configuration have been applied to both clusters and everything is fine. Check readiness is ok for both clusters. Also, FS backups for both clusters were fine, and FS our of place restore between both clusters. The issue in restoring the DB from one cluster to the second one is that the restore is starting and there has been no progress on both DBs cluster and everything is fine and check readiness is ok for both also FS Backup for both clusters were fine, also FS our of place restore between both cluster , the issue in restoring DB from one cluster to the second one, the restore starting and no progress on the job since job started and no data moved but the DB created on Mysql end but there is no progress from commcell side and job last time update was the same as the time of start job ?

Commv. version 11.30.48.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Nez 

There could be several reasons why the job appears hung. The data transfer may be sluggish, mysql dump import is taking longer etc. Unfortunately, it’s a bit difficult to arrive at a conclusion with the limited details you shared.

However, to narrow down the root cause and see if the problem is at Commvault’s data restore to the destination, we can do a “Do not recover” restore to the same machine and see if it's also behaving the same way.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Badge +2

@Sunil , you are true and this trial was tested and the same result occurred but not in place restore as in place restore will not applicable here.

restore job is running for nearly 24 hours and last update job time also 24 hrs, with no error detected and no throughout or data moving started on console side. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Nez 

I’m talking about doing out-of-place restore only, but restoring to flat file instead of recovering to MySQL instance. That will isolate the issue where the hang could be.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Badge +2

@Sunil ,

I did it “restore to disk” from web but the same behavior detected, Is that your request or not and if not please share with me the steps of this test ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

No. I meant the same. Then I’d request you to raise a support ticket for this. It shouldn’t hang indefinitely.

Thanks,

Sunil-